British Summertime Festival: Only Barbara Streisand could sing Silent Night in mid-Summer

British Summertime Festival: Only Barbara Streisand could sing Silent Night in mid-Summer

0

Barbra Streisand gave the audiences at the Barclay’s British Summertime event in Hyde Park,July 7th, everything they could have hoped for. And more was to come.

The legend was joined for three ‘surprise’ duets during her set. One with Kris Kristofferson, who had performed a set earlier. He joined her on stage following giant screen images of the pair starring in the iconic 1976 film A Star is Born which tells the poignant tale of fading rock star, Kristofferson, whilst Streisand’s career is in ascendancy. Duets were also performed with West End star Ramin Karimloo and Lionel Richie, the latter overwhelmed to be in Streisand’s presence.

Throughout the set Streisand served as a raconteur, illuminating highlights of her career accompanied by giant screen shots and songs, all the while sipping English Tea from English bone china. Streisand has had Number 1 albums in all of the last six decades,11 US Number 1 albums, 6 in the UK, an extensive film career winning  2 Oscars, 10 Grammys (including the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award), 5 Emmys and the Golden Globe ‘Best Director’ – the only woman to who have ever won this.

Opening the Great Oak Stage (a magnificent example of set design), was The Kingdom Choir, a London gospel choir who performed at the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Richard Marx Jamie Lawson and others.  Bryan Ferry gave a great performance, deserving of his iconic star status. Other artists included Richard Marx, Jamie Lawson and others

A huge celebrity turnout in the style of the Oscars included Ralph Fiennes, The Beckhams, Rebel Wilson, Myleene Klass, Dermot O’Leary, Andrew Scott, Ronan & Storm Keating, Leigh Francis, Claudia Winkleman, Richard Curtis, Emma Freud, Kelly Hoppen, Kate Garraway, Jacob Anderson, Richard E. Grant

Streisand took the opportunity to remind us about our planet and our responsibility to the help save the environment. She sang all our great favourites, looked stunning and a several decades younger than her age. She is truly one of the world’s greatest performers.

My only complaint?
I didn’t get to interview her (yet).

Boaters off and congratulations to all who made this best of British Festivals possible including AEG, The Royal Parks, the Outside Organisation and all who worked on presenting this first-class event.

 Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park is amulti award-winning festival and they presented another splendid and mesmeric evening.The organisation of an event of that magnitude takes administrative excellence andlarge experienced shoulders to pull it off. It showed.

The Royal Parks is a charity created in March 2017 to manage 5,000 acres of historic royal parkland across London. The Royal Parks are: Hyde Park, The Green Park, Richmond Park, Greenwich Park, St James’s Park, Bushy Park, The Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner, and we maintain the gardens of 10, 11 and 12 Downing Street.

It costs £40m a year to manage the parks. We raise around 75 per cent of this money ourselves, with the remaining 25 per cent coming from Government.

Follow us on Twitter @BarclaycardNews

http://www.bst-hydepark.com
facebook.com/BSTHydePark
@BSTHydepark

READ  The Egerton House Hotel Afternoon Tea Review
About author